Got an abundance of beautiful red tomatoes to use up? Check out this collection of some of my favorite fresh tomato recipes. You’ll love them for salads, side dishes, entrées, and more!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
We are in the thick of one of my favorite (albeit busiest!) times of the year – garden season! And once again, God has blessed us with a bountiful harvest.
Over the years, our fruitful abundance has inspired several produce-related posts, such as 10 Simple Asparagus Recipes, 5 Super Simple Ways to Cook Green Beans, 18 Delicious Ways to Use Zucchini, and 25 Ways to Use Up Excess Cucumbers. All of which have been reader favorites.
Now it’s the tomatoes’ turn!
I preserve most of our tomatoes to use throughout the year – both as whole tomatoes and tomato sauce . I also make a year’s worth (or more) of our favorite salsa.
Recommended Resource: Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
But it’s also nice to eat those delicious beauties fresh while we have them. Store-bought tomatoes simply do not compare – they’re not even in the same LEAGUE as garden-fresh. (In fact, I refuse to buy them from the store because of their utter lack of flavor!)
Need ideas of things to make with all the fresh tomatoes this summer? Here are some of my favorites!
15 Favorite Fresh Tomato Recipes
Got an abundance of beautiful red tomatoes to use up? Check out this collection of some of my favorite things to make with fresh tomatoes. You’ll love these recipes for salads, side dishes, entrées, and more!
- Salsa (This is my favorite salsa EVER, and everyone who tries it devours it!)
- No-Cook Fresh Spaghetti Sauce
- Marinated Tomatoes
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Corn, Avocado, & Tomato Salad
- Caprese anything! (Salad, Pizza, Chicken, Pasta, Skewers, etc.)
- Feta Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Favorite Quinoa Salad
- Mozzarella and Basil Stuffed Tomatoes
- The Best Tuna Salad Ever
- BLT Sandwiches
- Quinoa Enchilada Casserole
- Panzanella (bread and tomato salad)
- Garlic Tomato Basil Chicken
- Roasted Tomatoes – If you haven’t roasted your tomatoes, you NEED to. Roasting them intensifies their flavor and adds a layer of sweetness from the caramelization of the natural sugars. They’re fantastic in sauces, on pasta, and even as a side dish by themselves!
Bonus: Of course, we also love our garden tomatoes on burgers, tacos, salads, and sandwiches, so those are some additional ideas of ways to use fresh tomatoes during peak tomato season.
Recommended Tools for Fresh Tomatoes:
- These are our favorite tomato knives
- I use a food strainer like this one for making tomato sauce. (I highly recommend stainless steel parts over plastic.)
- Get a tomato huller for quick and easy tomato core removal.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 10 Simple Asparagus Recipes
- 18 Delicious Ways to Use Zucchini
- 25 Ways to Use Up Excess Cucumbers
- Beat the Heat with Cold Dinners for Hot Summers
- 25 Quick & Easy Garden Recipes
- 25+ Tips for Gardening With Kids