If you want to fuel a spiritual fire in your kids (or any other kids in your life) this Christmas, check out these perfect gifts for building kids’ faith.
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
Building kids’ faith and knowledge of God is one of my greatest passions. And not just in my own kids, but other kids, as well! As Christians, we are tasked with the responsibility of “making disciples” (Matthew 28:19-20), and raising up kids who love and serve the Lord is one of the best ways to do that!
Related Post: How to Faithfully Steward Our Children
And by the way… that’s not just for moms and dads, either! Grandparents, aunts and uncles, friends, teachers, children’s ministry volunteers, and anyone else who interacts with kids in any way all have important parts to play.
I talk about 5 powerful ways to nurture kids’ faith in this blog post, but another great way to do that is gift them with faith-building resources.
If you want to fuel a spiritual fire in your kids (or any other kids in your life) this Christmas, check out these gifts for building kids’ faith.
Gifts for Building Kids’ Faith
Want to get the kids you love something that will benefit them for years to come? Invest in their lives with these faith-building gifts:
A Bible is always one of my favorite non-toy gifts, but especially as a faith-building gift for kids! Here are some of my favorite recommendations by age:
Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers:
- Jesus Storybook Bible
- Big Picture Storybook Bible
- The Biggest Story Bible Storybook
- Beginner’s Bible
Preteens and Teens:
- Life Application Study Bible for Boys
- Girls Life Application Study Bible
- Teen Life Application Study Bible
- NIV Bible for Teen Boys
- NIV Bible for Teen Girls
- Beautiful Word Coloring Bible for Girls
- Journal the Word Bible for Girls
- True Images Bible
- Quest Study Bible for Teens
- A chronological Bible
I’ll be honest – I’m not a big fan of devotionals, in general, and I don’t use one for my own kids. (Here’s why, and what we do, instead.) So, there aren’t many I can recommend from personal experience.
However, I do like Louie Giglio’s Indescribable Devotions About God and Science series as a fun supplement to our Bible reading:
If you’ve read any of my other gift guides, you know I include books on every. single. one. They’re such a great gift! Here are some of my favorite books for building kids’ faith:
- Max Lucado’s Wemmicks books
- Any Time, Any Place, Any Prayer, by Laura Wifler
- You Are: Speaking God’s Word over Your Children, by Emily Assell
- Tales That Tell the Truth series
- Super Heroes Storybook
- Brave Heroes and Bold Defenders, by Shirley Raye Redmond
- Courageous World Changers, by Shirley Raye Redmond
- Courageous and Bold Bible Heroes, by Shirley Raye Redmond
- Answers for Kids set, by Ken Ham
- Little Pilgrim’s Progress, by Helen L. Taylor
- Imagination Station series
- The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls series
- The Prince Warriors series, by Priscilla Shirer
- Bible Brain Quest
- Cold Case Christianity for Kids, by J. Warner Wallace
- The Case for Christ for Kids, by Lee Strobel
- Christian Heroes Then and Now series, by Janet Benge and Geoff Benge
- A book of Bible maps
- Halley’s Bible Handbook for kids
4. Subscription to the Adventures in Odyssey Club
Got a kid who already has a Bible and whose library is overflowing? (Not that you can ever have too many books!) Consider this unique gift idea – a subscription to the Adventures in Odyssey Club! Club membership includes unlimited, on-demand, streaming access to 900+ Adventures in Odyssey episodes—plus daily devotions, fun videos, faith-building activities, and more!
5. Prayer journal
Prayer is one of the most important spiritual disciplines you can cultivate in your kids. A keepsake journal where they can write down their thoughts and prayers would be a wonderful faith-building gift for kids.
6. Bible study
Give the gift of Bible literacy with a quality Bible study they’ll love! Need ideas? I recommend A Kid’s Guide to the Armor of God from Tony Evans or The Armor of God – Teen Bible Study Book from Priscilla Shirer.
P.S. Priscilla’s Armor of God study for women is one of my absolute favorites!
7. Bible trivia games or books
Make Bible knowledge fun and accessible for kids with a Bible trivia game or book!
8. Scripture memory games/books
In the same vein, help them hide God’s Word in their hearts with a Scripture memory game or book. A treasury of Scripture is the very best gift we can give our kids!
- Bible blocks
- 77 Memory Verses Every Kid Should Know
- ABC Scripture Memory Cards
- Scripture Memory Cards for Kids
- Foundations First Step Memory Verse Cards
9. Coloring books & activities
For the little ones, start building a solid foundation of faith with Bible-based coloring books and activities. There are even Bible Stories Water WOW! books (which we LOVE)!
For older kids/teens, get them an adult coloring book (yep, they’re not just for kids, anymore!) or a coloring Bible.
Teach them classic Bible stories while they play with a Bible story puzzle.
SHARE WITH US: What other gifts for building kids’ faith do you recommend? Share your ideas in the comments below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- My Favorite Resources for Building Character in Kids
- How I Read the Bible to My Kids (to Teach Biblical Literacy)
- 5 Powerful Ways to Nurture Your Kids’ Faith
- How to Make a Family Discipleship Plan
- 10 Ways to Prepare Your Hearts for Christmas
- My Best Holiday Gift Guides
Share your thoughts!