Got a cornucopia of cukes from your garden this year? Try some of these ways to use up excess cucumbers!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
“Plant extra cucumbers this year, Lisa. You have the seeds, so you might as well!”
This is what I told myself as we were planning our garden this year. Several of our veggies did not fare well last year, so we compensated for the possibility of repeated failure by planting extra. Of everything.
It seemed like sound wisdom back in May… 🤪
I’m kidding. (Mostly.) An overabundant garden is always something to celebrate, so I’m definitely not complaining!
It does, however, mean I’m up to my eyeballs in cucumbers right now. So, I’m searching and experimenting with ALL the ways one can possibly use up excess cucumbers.
I turn a lot into pickles and relish (which is one reason we plant so many – you need a lot to come on at once), but I also pick up a few ideas every year of new things to try.
If you also have an abundant harvest on your hands, here are 25 things to do with lots of cucumbers.
25 Ways to Use Up Excess Cucumbers
Got a cornucopia of cukes? Try some of these ways to use up excess cucumbers!
**Note: I should preface this list by saying that we are not picky eaters. And I’m basically not afraid to try anything at this point. (Same with our zucchini!) I figure, if we have them, why not get everything we can out of them?? So, a few things towards the end of the list may sound odd (or even a little gross) to you – I was surprised by some of them, too! But if you have cucumbers coming out of your ears, get brave and give them a try!
- Pickles & Pickle Relish — If you’re not into canning, that post also has a refrigerator pickle option, or you could try freezer pickles! (Tip: for crisper pickles, use these Pickle Crisp granules!)
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Vinegar Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Cucumber Quinoa Salad
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Tuna Salad with Avocado and Cucumbers
- Tzatziki Dip
- Cucumber & Dill Dip
- Infused water — We LOVE drinking cucumber water throughout the summer. For an extra special twist, you could try cucumber water with sliced fruit, cucumber water with fresh mint leaves, or cucumber water with lemon. (Tip: Get one of these glass infuser pitchers)
- Cucumber Sandwiches
- Cucumber Rolls
- Cucumber Boats – such as this one with tuna salad
- Cold Cucumber Soup
- Fried cucumbers
- Cucumber Bread — Yes, you read that right – cucumber bread. Like zucchini bread… only with cucumbers.
- Cucumber “Chips”— Here’s a great dehydrator, if you need one!
- Sprinkle with Tajin seasoning for a Mexican cucumber snack — a friend recommended this to me, and I’m excited to try it!
- Everything Bagel Cucumber Bites — Sprinkle cucumber slices with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Smoothies — Such as this Easy Cucumber Smoothie, this Creamy Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie, or this Strawberry Banana Cucumber Smoothie.
- Homemade Popsicles — Here’s a recipe for Watermelon Cucumber Popsicles and one for Cucumber Mint & Lime Popsicles that you can make in popsicle molds
- Mocktails – such as this Cucumber Mojito Mocktail
- Cucumber Mousse & Dill Shrimp Bites
- Did you know you can cook them? — I had NEVER thought to cook cucumbers, but here’s a recipe for Stir-Fried Cucumbers
- And… surprise! … you can freeze them!! Use the thawed cucumbers for dips, smoothies, soups, infused water, or a few of the other items in this list.
SHARE WITH US: What other ideas would you add to this list of ways to use up extra cucumbers? Share them in the comments below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 18 Delicious Ways to Use Zucchini
- 5 Super Simple Ways to Cook Green Beans
- 25 Quick & Easy Garden Recipes
- 25+ Tips for Gardening With Kids