Want to put more meaning and merriment into your Easter holiday? Try some of these Easter activities for the whole family. With a mix of secular and religious activities for all ages and stages, there’s something for every family!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
I absolutely adore spring, and one of my favorite things about it is Easter! We are a Christian family, so, of course, we love celebrating the sacrificial death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Freedom from sin + eternal life + empowerment and joy of the Holy Spirit within us whenever we want/need it?? Yes, please! What’s not to celebrate there?
That being said, we also enjoy our fair share of non-religious Easter activities, as well, such as Easter egg hunts (check out this post for awesome non-candy filler ideas), Easter baskets, family gatherings, and more. It’s such a wonderful opportunity for family fun.
Want some new Easter traditions to try? Check out this list of family Easter activities. Don’t feel like you have to do them all! (In fact, don’t even try. I’m a big believer that sticking to a few traditions helps keep them more meaningful and enjoyable.) But with a mix of secular and religious activities for all ages and stages, there’s something here for every family.
15 Easter Activities to Do As a Family
Want to put more meaning and merriment into your Easter holiday? Try some of these Easter activities for the whole family.
- Get (or assemble) Resurrection Eggs
- Make resurrection rolls
- Construct an Easter tomb
- Go through an Easter Bible reading plan
- Retell the Easter story in creative ways (dramatic reading, re-enactment, LEGOs, drawings, etc.)
- Read Easter books
- Hunt for Easter eggs
- Decorate eggs
- Deliver cards or care baskets to nursing homes
- Cook a special meal for your family
- Make an Easter craft
- Bake Easter treats (here are some ideas to get little hands involved)
- Visit/deliver gifts to a neighbor
- Play Easter-themed games
- Go on a nature hike
SHARE WITH US: Do you have any family Easter activities to add to this list? Please share them in the comments!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- How I’m Teaching My Kids About a Christ-Centered Easter
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Easter
- 10 Christ-Centered Easter Books That Will Point Your Kids to Jesus
- 25 Easter Egg Fillers (That Aren’t Candy)