Do you have zucchini threatening to overtake your house and home? (Or do you have gardening friends who have foisted their excess bounty on you?) Here are 18 ways to use up all that zucchini!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
Our zucchini died this year. Every. single. one.
A couple of them were stolen by critters as seedlings (rascally rabbits), and the rest fell victim to what we suspect was squash borers. One held on long enough to give me two scrawny vegetables, but alas it, too, succumbed.
This was a sad and shocking turn of events. Every other year, we’ve had so much, we’re practically begging people in the streets to take them off our hands.
Can you relate? Do you have zucchini threatening to overtake your house and home? (Or do you have gardening friends who have foisted their excess bounty on you?)
Are you searching for ways to use said zucchini?
As I said, in every other year we’ve gardened, we’ve had more than we can keep up with, so trust me when I say, I’ve tried it in a lot of different dishes. Some have been hits and some have been misses, but you never know until you try, right??
In all my experimentations, here are our favorite ways to use zucchini:
18 Ways to Use All That Zucchini
- Zucchini bread — I mean, obviously. You undoubtedly had already thought of this one, but it’s a classic and couldn’t be left off the list. Pro tip: I highly (and I do mean highly!) recommend these bread pans!
- Muffins — Very closely related to the bread, I know, but extra fun and handy for the kids. It’s one of my favorite healthy snacks for kids! (Psst…definitely look into getting my favorite magical muffin pans. Muffins literally slide right out of these things.)
- Zucchini boats — This is one of our favorite summer meals. You can make them with either sausage or ground beef, but we much prefer sausage.
- Sauteed— Garlic and butter and salt… mmmm… What’s not to love? And it’s so stinkin’ quick and easy!
- Grilled — Is there anything that’s not better on the grill? I mean, really. We’ve grilled it in coins, quarters, and halves, and it’s all good.
- Roasted — Cut into rounds, then dress up with olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper. Pop in a 450 degree oven for about 5 minutes. (Watch for exact timing.)
- Zucchini waffles — I know, it sounds weird, but it’s so good! You can’t taste the veggies at all, and it adds extra moistness and nutritious hit.
- Zucchini noodles (AKA “zoodles”)– These are a wonderfully healthy substitute for pasta, but I offer two caveats: 1) don’t go into expecting them to taste like regular noodles, and 2) whatever you do, do NOT overcook them. Blech.
- Zucchini Pizza Bites — These are super fun and healthy spin on “pizza night.” Your kids will love them (and you will, too)!
- Turkey & Zucchini Burgers — This is a healthy hamburger variation and a great way to sneak in some extra veggie goodness. Same advice as for the zoodles — don’t expect a hamburger “taste-alike” and you’ll be fine!
- Zucchini parmesan — A yummy (hello, cheese!) way to increase your veggie intake, and a great addition to your meatless meals!
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini — These crisp-yet-tender zucchini sticks are SO YUM.
- Zucchini Frittata — Almost like a quiche, this one is a fun way to mix up your line-up, and could be served for breakfast or dinner!
- Zucchini Fries — These healthy fry alternatives are a staple at our house in the summer!
- Cheesy Zucchini Bites — These are fantastic. Super easy. Super yummy.
- Dried Zucchini “chips” — We do these in our dehydrator, but you can do them in the oven, as well.
- Brownies — They’re veggies, so they’re healthy, right?? 😉
- Shredded or chopped in soup — Finally, at the end of the season, when I’m all zucchini’d out, I chop several of them or shred them with my food processor and stick them in the freezer for fall/winter soups!
SHARE WITH US: What are some of YOUR favorite ways to use zucchini? Share them with us in the comments below!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 5 Super Simple Ways to Cook Green Beans
- How to Make Your Own Salsa That Rocks!
- 10 Simple Asparagus Recipes
- 25 Quick & Easy Garden Recipes