Whether you’re finding it difficult to find meat, you’re trying to save money, or you simply want to cut back on your meat consumption, here are some delicious meatless meals (that aren’t pasta) to add to your menu!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
Are you looking for some good meatless meals to add to your weekly meal rotation?
At the time I’m writing this, many of us are facing possible or current meat shortages in the grocery stores due to the Coronavirus. In many of our area grocery stores, limits are being placed on meat purchases, and we’re seeing lots of sparse selections.
I’m confident this situation won’t last forever, but even in non-COVID times, meatless meals are a great way to support your health and your budget. (Although, not if you ask my meat-loving husband. 😉 )
Whether you’re finding it difficult to find meat, you’re trying to save money, or you simply want to cut back on your meat consumption, here are some delicious meatless meals to add to your menu!
25 Meatless Meals (That Aren’t Pasta)
- Quinoa enchilada casserole — or One Pan Mexican Quinoa
- Beans & Rice — Season two cans of black or pinto beans (or about two cups of homemade beans) with 1 cup fresh cilantro, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp chili powder, and the juice of two limes. Serve over rice.
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowl — can definitely customize using whatever you have on hand!
- Tuna Patties — since this is not a strictly vegetarian list, I’m choosing to include tuna since it’s aa pantry staple and much cheaper/more readily available than meat
- Tuna Melts
- Tuna & White Bean Salad — makes for a PERFECT healthy lunch or a light dinner!
- Black Bean Burgers — I’ve substituted other kinds of cheese, and it has turned out great!
- Vegetarian tacos
- Cheese & Bean (optional) Quesadillas
- Bean & Cheese Burritos
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Spanish Omelette
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Panini — a great dish to add to my list of cold dinners for hot summers!
- Grilled Cheese and Apple Sandwiches — a grilled cheese sandwich with cheddar cheese and thinly sliced (cored) apple
- Egg Salad — there are many recipes out there, but here’s a good basic one
- Hummus & Veggie Sandwich (or wraps or these pinwheels)
- Margherita Pizza
- White Bean Soup — best with homemade chicken broth
- Zucchini “meatballs” — this can be served on pasta, sure, but also on rice, salads, or sandwiches
- Quinoa Pizza Bites
- Chef Salad
- Potato & Corn Chowder
- Breakfast for dinner — eggs + pancakes/waffles/muffins/hashbrowns + fruit
- Vegetarian Fried Rice
- Rice bowl with beans or fried egg
Are you getting tired of cooking ALL THE FOOD?? Want some tips to make it faster, easier… and cheaper?
The Every Mom’s Meal Solution Handbook is just what you need! It’s a meal planning/freezer cooking/money saving/get-food-on-the-table guide all rolled into one compact book.
It’ll help you develop strategies to feed your family well in a way that works for YOUR specific needs. It’s FULL of tips and tricks, and it even answers some of the most common objections/roadblocks to cooking homemade meals.
If that sounds like something you could use in your life (whether you’re a mom or not!), head over to the link below and check it out! 👇
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 25 Pantry Meals You Can Make With What You Have on Hand
- How to Cook Real Food on a Budget
- 7 Game-Changing Sheet Pan Recipes (That Might Surprise You!)
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken (and Get the Most From It!)