Real love is shown by what we do day in and day out. Here are 30 simple — yet powerful — ways you can show your kids you love them every single day.
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
Valentine’s Day is this week, and last year I wrote about how I made it a special day for my kids.
But as I said in this post about our husbands, Valentine’s Day is only one day. 1 out of 365.
Celebrating it is fun, but it’s really only a garnish to our relationships — it looks nice and it makes things kind of fancy, but it’s not going to fill you up. It doesn’t offer any real nutritional value.
Just as in marriage, what we do day in and day out is how we really show love to our kids.
Related Post: 9 Meaningful Ways to Love on Your Husband
Here are 30 simple — yet powerful — ways to show your kids you love them every single day:
30 Ways to Show Your Kids You Love Them
- Say “I love you”
- Give them hugs
- Rub their back
- Read them a book
- Play with them
- Praise something they’ve worked hard on
- Leave a note in their lunch box
- Hold them in your lap
- Display their art or school work
- Make them a special treat
- Spend one-on-one time with them — even if it’s just 10-15 minutes
- Pray with them
- Look them in the eyes and smile at them
- Get silly with them
- Give them your undivided attention
- Eat dinner with them
- Do their favorite activity with them
- Listen to their stories
- Spend time with them before bed
- Ask them questions about themselves
- Take an interest in their interests
- Ask them about their day
- Leave a note on the bathroom sink or mirror
- Tell them something you love about them
- Remind them of their strengths
- Laugh with them
- Show them respect in your words and actions
- Ask them for their thoughts and opinions on something
- Be patient with them
- Say sorry when it’s due
Do you have some more easy ways to show love to your kids? Share them in the comments below!
You Might Also Like…
- The Question That Changed My Parenting Forever
- 9 Practical Tips for Reading to Your Kids
- 12 Scriptural Truths to Speak Life Over Your Children
- 31 Scriptures to Pray Over Your Children