Nothing says summer as a kid (or adult!) like popsicles. And these healthy 3-ingredient homemade popsicles make it easy to say “yes!” to them all summer long.
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
One of the best things about summer is the freedom to ease up a little on the rules. Bedtimes become a bit more flexible, to-do lists get replaced with summer fun, and we can eat as many popsicles as we want!
Scratch that last one. All those popsicles wouldn’t be good for our wallets OR our kids’ bodies… right?
Well, actually, you can solve both of those problems with these homemade popsicles!
Ok, so maybe you won’t want to have these popsicles every day this summer, but with only three simple, wholesome ingredients, you certainly won’t mind making — or serving — them a little more than usual.
This is one summer treat that will be a hit with both kids and parents!
Related Post: 10 Summer Essentials for Moms & Kids
3-Ingredient Homemade Popsicles
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Popsicle mold(s)
- Fresh fruit
- Whole fat yogurt
- Honey (or real food sweetener of your choice)
Step 1: Puree your fruit of choice in a blender (this is the one I have). I’ve done strawberries and a strawberry/banana combo, but you could also do blueberries, peaches, mango, mixed berries, or any other fruit you’d like.
Step 2: Blend with whole fat yogurt and honey. (Either greek or regular yogurt works fine — that’s up to your personal preference.)
Step 3: Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for several hours or overnight.
Step 4: Remove from the molds and enjoy! (If they don’t want to come out, run under warm water until they loosen.)
Note: I have specific amounts in the recipe below, but you can certainly play around with them to get the creaminess and sweetness you want!
- Popsicle Mold
- 12 oz fresh fruit Strawberries, Bananas, Blueberries, Peaches, Cherries, Raspberries, etc.
- 2 cups whole fat yogurt Greek or regular works fine -- whichever you prefer!
- 1/4 cup honey
- Puree fruit in a blender
- Add yogurt and honey and blend until incorporated
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for several hours or overnight
- Remove and enjoy! (If the popsicles don't want to come out, run under warm water until loosened.)
SHARE WITH US: What is your favorite popsicle flavor? Give it a try in this recipe, and let me know how it turns out!
- 25 Healthy Snacks Your Kids Will Love
- Beat the Heat with Cold Dinners for Hot Summers
- 10 Summer Essentials for Moms & Kids
- 100 Fun Family Activities for Every Season
Share your thoughts!