Soup’s on! Here are 15 of my favorite easy, tasty, wholesome soup recipes you and your family are sure to love!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
Did you know that January is National Soup Month? And I don’t know about where you live, but it has been COLD here. Perfect weather for soup!
There is nothing I like better for dinner on a cold, dreary winter day than a comforting bowl of steamy, delicious soup. And I’ve had a lot of fun trying out new soups and finding just the right recipes for the classics I’ve enjoyed for years.
So, in honor of National Soup Month (and the frigid winter temps), I thought I’d give you some of my favorite soup recipes.
And you know me — I like simple! So all of these recipes are tested and approved for mom use. No weird ingredients or complicated steps here! Just easy, tasty, wholesome soups you and your family are sure to love.
15 Favorite Simple Soup Recipes
- Chili — I tried and tweaked a LOT of different chili recipes before I finally found one we all love. Thick & hearty with tons of flavor, this one takes the cake for us. Best of all — it can be made in the slow cooker or Instant pot and prepped in 15 minutes or less!
- Chili — This is another version I make and really like with venison, though I use leftover venison roast instead of the ground that the recipe states. But you could definitely use leftover beef roast, instead!
- White Bean Chicken Chili — I’m more of a chicken girl than a beef girl, so I actually prefer chicken chili.
- Potato Soup — I looooove me some potato soup, and of course, I love anything that can be done in the slow cooker. This one does have an added stovetop step at the end, but it’s well worth it for the resulting creaminess!
- Chicken Noodle Soup — You can’t go wrong with Chicken Noodle Soup, and I LOVE this real food version from Live Simply. Bonus — it’s an Instant Pot recipe!
Related Post: 6 Instant Pot Resources – Everything You Need to Get Started
- Wild Rice Soup — I love making Wild Rice Soup for our meatless meal, and this one is hands-down our favorite!
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup — This is Levon’s favorite broccoli cheddar soup.
- Ham Hock & Bean Soup — This is the perfect hearty soup for a winter night. And a great way to use a leftover ham hock from Christmas!Related Post: 50 Ways to Repurpose Leftovers: Waste Less, Save More!
- Taco Soup — My family loves this taco soup, and I love how stinkin’ easy it is to make!
- Tuscan Chicken Stew — This is the only recipe on this list that comes from a cookbook rather than online. I tried to include only recipes that you could access for free, but I HAD to include this recipe because it is so good. You can get it from my favorite Instant Pot cookbook.
- Cheeseburger Soup — I love the “hidden” cauliflower in this! If you have picky eaters in your family, I promise they’ll never know. **Simplifying tip: Use a hand immersion blender (this is the one I own) instead of a regular one for less hassle and easier clean-up!**
- Corn chowder — I had actually never had corn chowder before I made this, but once I did, I was hooked! I’ve tried a few different recipes since then, but this is by far the simplest!
- Creamy Italian White Bean Soup — Here’s another good meatless soup. But do yourself a favor — don’t get the canned chicken broth… make your own! (Trust me, it makes a HUGE difference!)
- Italian Sausage and Zucchini Soup — This is a super simple, healthy soup that you can whip up in no time. Make sure you get good quality ingredients — it’ll make all the difference!
- Lasagna Soup — Another easy dump-and-stir slow cooker soup!
Kick your soup up a notch with our favorite artisan bread! It’s wonderfully crusty on the outside and delectably fluffy on the inside.
Learn how to make it here!
My Favorite Soup-Making Tools
- Instant Pot — I have this 6qt and this 8qt
- Slow Cooker — definitely go with a programmable one!
- Immersion Blender — a very versatile tool
- Slow Cooker Liners — a must-have for easy clean-up!!
- Dutch Oven — I recommend an enameled cast-iron one
- Homemade chicken stock — kicks any soup requiring chicken stock/broth up 1,000 notches!
SHARE WITH US: What are some of your favorite winter soups? Tell us in the comments below!
- 25 Family Favorite (Quick and Easy) Dinners
- 15 Favorite Things to Make in My Slow Cooker
- 15 Perfect Fall Foods You Need to Make This Year
- My Best Tips & Tricks for Instant Pot Success