I’m going to interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you this important service announcement:
Father’s Day is less than a week away!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
Yikes! Did that sneak up on anyone besides me? I’ve had it on my radar, of course, but with everything we’ve had going on lately, I haven’t made a very good plan for what I’m going to do for Levon.
And yes, I definitely want to do something special for him even though no, he’s not my dad.
I’m of the opinion that once you have kids, every husband should do something nice for his wife on Mother’s Day, and every wife should do something nice for her husband on Father’s Day.
Because even though she’s not your mom and he’s not your dad, she/he is the mother/father of your children. And that is something that should be honored.
Which brings me to the topic of today’s post —
Today, I’m going to share 25 ways to honor your husband on Father’s Day. These are 25 things you can do to celebrate the special gift he is and show him how loved, cherished, valued, and respected he is. And fun twist — I’m breaking it down by love language, with 5 ideas for each of the 5 love languages.
I’m calling these “ways to honor your husband,” but many of these could definitely be used to honor your own dad. Or the father of your grandchildren. Some of them, however … not so much. I trust your judgment to know the difference. 😉
Without further ado, here are 25 ways to honor your husband on Father’s Day, organized by love language:
25 WAYS TO HONOR THE FATHER OF YOUR CHILDREN
WORDS OF AFFIRMATION
- Write a list of all the reasons he’s an A+ dad
- Tell him how much he means to you and your kids
- If you’re not good with words, find a card that says everything you want to express
- Brag on him to other people
- Make him a sign and put it where he’ll see it as soon as he gets up / comes home
(We did this when Levon earned a promotion, and he LOVED it — and he’s not even a words of affirmation guy!)
ACTS OF SERVICE
- Make his favorite meal
- Do one of his most dreaded chores
- Plan a surprise “guys night”
- Serve him breakfast in bed
- Give him the day off
- Do his favorite activity together, as a couple or family (eg. hiking, golfing, trap shooting, running, boating, camping, etc.)
- Attend a sports game
- Organize an entire day out together as a family
- Make coupons for future activities/outings that he can redeem throughout the year
- Take a long walk together and talk about your dreams for the future and your family vision
- Buy him something he’s been eyeing or something that speaks to his interestsCheck out these posts for some ideas:
- 10 Simple (But Effective) Tips For Super Grilling Success
- 10 Gifts for the Hard-to-Shop-For Manly Man
- Pick up his favorite snack/treat
- Get him a picture frame with a picture of your kids (there are some great ones you can personalize on Etsy!)
- Buy him something he can use with the kids (examples)
- Get him a gift card for his favorite store so he can pick out exactly what he wants
- Give him lots of extra hugs
- Give him a back/shoulder/foot rub
- Cuddle while you watch a movie
- Have a family snuggle time in the morning OR a family tickle/wrestle time
- Initiate intimacy
Was that helpful? Did it give you some ideas for making Father’s Day a day to remember? If your husband is anything like mine (and I hope he is!), he is definitely worth celebrating. And I’m confident that with any of these tokens of appreciation, he will feel as honored as he deserves.
P.S. If you don’t know your husband’s love language — or if you’re completely unfamiliar with the concept — go to http://www.5lovelanguages.com/ to learn more!
If you do know your husband’s love language, tell us what it is and how you’re going to honor him in that language in the comments below!
- 9 Meaningful Ways to Love on Your Husband
- 10 Practical Ways to Put Your Husband First
- How Marriage Is Like a Puzzle
- 5 of the Best Books to Fortify Your Marriage