If you’re anything like me, you feel like you should call your mom and apologize on a weekly basis. Apologize for the arguments, for the times you were a bit of a brat, for the messes, and for just generally taking her for granted all those years.
Now that you’re a mom, you understand how aggravating it is to clean up everyone’s messes, to referee sibling squabbles, and to watch your hard work go undone and unnoticed.
This Mother’s Day, let’s show our moms just how special we think they are and say a big “Thank you” for all the years they fed, clothed, and cared for us.
Here are a few ideas for how to do that!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
Gifts for Mom of Mom
- Get her a Willow Tree.
These beautifully sculpted figurines make lovely meaningful keepsakes that speak to a variety of roles, passions, and ways the recipients have touched our hearts.
- Book a spa or massage.
Whether it’s an hour, a day, or a weekend, by herself, or the two of you together, what mom wouldn’t love a little time of pampering?
- Take her out for a special lunch/dinner
As a mom, I know that I love A) being with my kids, and B) not having to plan and cook a meal! Why not combine the two and take her out for a special meal.
- This family tree bracelet
This family tree bracelet, which is inscribed “The love between a mother and daughter is forever,” is a beautiful way to show her how much she means to you.
- I <3 You Mom coloring book
Adult coloring books are ALL the rage right now, and this one is all about moms! Whether her children are young or grown, every mom still deserves a little relaxation.
- Pampering at home
Maybe you can’t afford a spa retreat, or maybe she’s not the type to enjoy that sort of thing. Get her something that she can enjoy in the comfort and privacy of her own home!
For example, get her some of these handmade organic bath bombs or lavender chamomile bubble bath.
- Something pretty and practical – such as this beautiful decorative jewelry box.
- And of course, there’s nothing wrong with the traditional, but always appreciated, Mother’s Day card. Make it even more special with a handwritten note or poem telling her how much she means to you.
Gifts to Celebrate Her Favorite Role – Grandma!
- I Love You, Grandma book
- “I’m not retired, being Grandma is my profession” Shirt
- Grandma’s Love Ceramic Tea Pot
- “Only the Best Moms Get Promoted to Grandma” items
- Personalized Burlap Grandchildren Birth Dates Wall Art
- Personalized Memory Locket Pendant
- Willow Tree Grandmother Keepsake Box
- Photo Gifts – Treasured memories of all her favorite people!
- Photo Frames & Plaques
- And more!
There are so many lovely things we can do for our mothers, whether it’s a card, one of these gifts, or simply spending the day together. Whatever you choose, do something special to let her know you understand and appreciate all the love she gave and the sacrifices she made.
If you have a great idea that you’re dying to share, we would love to hear what you have your sleeve! Share in the comments below.
You Might Also Enjoy:
- Lessons From a Mother’s Day Card
- The Life-Changing Tool Every Mom Deserves
- Am I a Good Mom? 10 Things All Good Moms Do
- The 3 Things All Moms Need to Know