Do you often make sure your kids have a delicious, nutritious lunch but then scrounge for yourself? Here are 7 simple healthy lunch ideas for moms!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
Lunchtime can get a little crazy for moms of little ones. By the time you fix something for the kiddos and get them started, it’s often difficult to find the time or energy to make something healthy for yourself.
Or, if you’re a mom who works outside the home, by the time you’ve packed everyone else’s lunch bags, coolers, diaper bags, school bags, etc., you probably often find yourself throwing whatever bits of leftovers you can scrounge up into your own lunch bag!
I love finding lunch ideas that are simple and easy to cook or throw together but that still offer me the nutrition I need!
Here are 7 simple, healthy lunch ideas that I make on a regular basis:
7 Simple, Healthy Lunch Ideas For Moms
- Avocado Egg Toast: Spread some mashed avocado on a piece of toast, add a layer of spinach, and top with a sliced hard-boiled egg. Season with a little garlic salt and pepper.Related Post: How to Cook Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Simple Salmon Salad: Make a simple salad with your choice of greens, some spinach, and canned salmon. Toss with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Rice bowls: These are seriously SO versatile! Cook up a batch of brown rice on the weekend (I use my instant pot) and portion out for the week, or freeze for later.Get creative by trying different protein, healthy fat, and veggie combinations, and season with S&P.**My favorite combination is fried egg, avocado, and green beans. I know, it sounds weird, but it’s delicious!!
- Grilled chicken: Grilled chicken (Grill a BIG batch of chicken one night for dinner and refrigerate/freeze the leftovers), spinach, avocado, and tomato on a spinach or tomato wrap.
- Taco bowls: Taco meat (beef, chicken, turkey, or a staple for our family – venison), avocado, tomato, corn, beans, and a little bit of cheese on a bed of lettuce.
**You can use any kind of toppings you want! You don’t even need meat if you include beans, and you could substitute black olives for the avocado for another great source of healthy fat!
- Tuna salad: Eat on a bed of spinach or kale. **My favorite tuna salad of all time is this one from Natasha’s Kitchen!
- Simple Crab salad: Mix chunk or flake style crab with a little mayo (or avocado for a healthier option), dill weed, garlic salt, and pepper. Eat on a bed of greens OR as a sandwich with some spinach.
Now you have 7 simple healthy lunch ideas – one for each day of the week! Were there any that you’ve tried before? Any that you never would have thought to try? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!
- How to Simplify Meals to Save Time & Energy
- 9 Secrets to Feeding Your Family Well (When You Don’t Have Time)
- 7 Ways to Exercise as a Mom With Small Kids
- Easy, Healthy 3-Ingredient Popsicles