To help you put your best foot forward as you navigate the art of breastfeeding, I’ve compiled a list of valuable tips and resources for you!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
We’ve all heard by now that “Breast is best,” and I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. Unfortunately, breastfeeding doesn’t always come naturally or easily for everyone. Between latching problems, milk supply issues, and other complications, breastfeeding can be difficult and frustrating.
But it can also be a wonderful bonding experience! Nursing can be a hassle sometimes, but it’s so worth it. It has a myriad of health benefits for both mom and baby, and can bring you and your baby closer.
To help you put your best foot forward as you navigate the nursing world, I’ve compiled a list of tips and breastfeeding resources for you to check out. I really believe that for most women, with the right information, help, and support, many of the common breastfeeding obstacles can be overcome.*
I hope this gives you a good place to start!
*(That being said, I do realize that for some women, breastfeeding simply is not possible. I truly sympathize with those who gave it their best shot and could not make it work. Bravo for trying, ladies! This article is not intended as judgment in any way! It is simply intended for those who can breastfeed, who want to breastfeed, and just need a little help!)
Breastfeeding Resources: Benefits of Breastfeeding
- 21 Amazing Benefits of Breastfeeding @ Maternity Glow
- How Breastfeeding Benefits You and Your Baby @ Babycenter.com
- Why Breastfeeding is Important @ Womenshealth.gov
- Benefits of Breastfeeding (Awesome list of articles) @ La Leche League
- 20 Breastfeeding Benefits for Mom and Baby @ fit pregnancy.com
- Benefits of Breastfeeding for Mom @ healthychildren.org
- The Nursing Mother’s Companion – I personally have this one and loved it. It’s a great comprehensive resource for everything related to breastfeeding, including pumping, bottle feeding, and returning to work.
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers: The Most Comprehensive Problem-Solving Guide to Breastfeeding
- Bestfeeding: How to Breastfeed Your Baby – includes lots of pictures
- Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers
- The Complete Book of Breastfeeding – also covers topics such as pumping, bottle feeding, returning to work, and medications
- Breastfeeding with Confidence: A Practical Guide
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
- Working and Breastfeeding Made Simple
- The Breastfeeding Mother’s Guide to Making More Milk
- Breastfeeding Essentials: What Every Nursing Mom Needs
- A Nursing Mom’s Guide to Pumping at Work
- Breastfeeding Problem Solver – This interactive tool is seriously cool!
- Breastfeeding: Get the Support You Need
- Breastfeeding: Hints to Help You Get Off to a Good Start
- Guide to Firsts: Breastfeeding Your Baby
- Positions and Tips for Making Breastfeeding Work
- Breastfeeding Tips for New Moms
- Breastfeeding Tips: What New Moms Need to Know
- 12 Super-Foods for New Moms
- What to Eat While Breastfeeding: Advice From a Dietician
- 20 Tips for Pumping Breast Milk
- 8 Pumping Tips to Get More Breast Milk
- 33 Ways You Can Pump More Milk (LOVE this one!)
- Pumping Bag Essentials for the Working Mom
- Nursing Twins Tips
- Tips for Nursing in Public
- Nursing Clothes: The Good, the Bad, and Useless
- La Leche League – http://www.llli.org/
- Womenshealth.gov: Breastfeeding – http://womenshealth.gov/breastfeeding/
- Medela – http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/tips-and-solutions – Awesome list of articles covering a wide variety of topics related to breastfeeding
- Kelly Mom – www.kellymom.com
- Breastfeeding Basics – www.breastfeedingbasics.com
- The Bump (Breastfeeding) – http://www.thebump.com/t/breastfeeding
- Best for Babes – www.bestforbabes.org – has the famous Booby Traps series
- Low Milk Supply – www.lowmilksupply.org
- International Lactation Consultant Association – http://www.ilca.org/why-ibclc/falc
- Breast Feeding Inc. – http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/content.php?pagename=videos
(Real moms & babies)
- Moms Make Milk – http://www.momsmakemilk.com/
- Living With Low Milk Supply – www.livingwithlowmilksupply.com
- Breastfeeding Mama Talk – http://www.breastfeedingmamatalk.com/
- The Pump Station – http://pumpstationblog.blogspot.com/
If you’re a new mommy and are experiencing difficulties with breastfeeding, don’t give up! Give these resources a try, and don’t be afraid to ask for help!
And if you’re an expecting mommy, or know an expecting mommy, pin or bookmark this page for future reference!
More Posts You’ll Love
- My Epic List of Tips for a Fabulous Pregnancy
- When You Don’t Bond With Your New Baby
- 7 Things I Wish I Had Known Before My First Baby
- How I Fixed my Diastasis Recti: MuTu System Final Review