I am a huge fan of Crystal Paine and moneysavingmom.com. I love her blog, her books, her scopes on Periscope, everything! So when she came out with her Make Over Your Evenings course earlier this year, I was intrigued. I trusted her and knew she only put out quality material, but I didn’t want to spend the money on something I thought was just going to tell me to lay my clothes out and prepare lunches the night before. Stuff I already knew I should be doing. It wasn’t until just a couple weeks ago that I finally decided to give it a try.
And boy, am I glad I did! I loved it, couldn’t wait to do each day’s exercise, and found it well worth the money! It provided me with practical tips to finish my day strong, and it restored some much-needed balance to my life.
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I will receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. My opinions are my true feelings and are not affected by my participation in the program!**
About Make Over Your Evenings
What is Make Over Your Evenings? It is a 14-day e-course from Crystal Paine, founder of the wildly popular blog, Money Saving Mom. The course includes 14 5-minute videos and a downloadable workbook with short readings and projects to help you apply the concepts she discusses.
Through the course, Crystal will help you …
- Create a Best Stuff List of the most important activities you should be investing in
- Figure out a prioritized (and manageable) to-do list
- Put together outfits that make you look good and feel great
- Develop a healthier lifestyle
- Adopt a more positive outlook and attitude, and
- Establish an evening routine that works for you!
This course was so manageable, even with a busy schedule. The videos are only 5 minutes, so you can squeeze one in at practically any time of the day, and the workbook readings are only a couple pages each. Some of the projects do take a little time, if you do them well, but it’s an investment that will pay off for you later!
- Learn how to:
- Make better use of your time and energy
- Take control of your evenings so you feel less overwhelmed
- Set yourself up for a less stressful morning
- Create appealing wardrobes, fix healthy breakfasts, and more!
- Find time for things that you love and bring you joy!
- Spend more time developing important relationships
- Inexpensive: The entire course is only $17! I don’t know why it took me so long!
- Does not require a big time commitment
- Includes links to additional resources to help you learn more
- See immediate results!
- It won’t do the work for you. Haha! I’m kidding. I really can’t think of any major cons. A few of her tips were things that I had heard before and could predict – like prepping meals the night before and laying out your clothes – but it was also so much more!
How This Course Has Changed Me
What did Make Over Your Evenings do for me?
Let me tell you something. I’ve been on both extremes of what people’s evenings might look like. I’ve been the person who just sat around watching TV for a couple hours every night, squandering valuable time.
For the last six months or so, though, as I started this blog and began to pour myself into it, I landed in the opposite extreme. This was especially the case as we entered the summer and we were quite busy with gardening and canning and everything that entailed. I was packing my evenings full of tasks that “had to be done,” scurrying around trying to do everything on my to-do list, and going to bed too late. I wasn’t spending any of that time preparing for the next day, either, so I woke up every morning already feeling behind. On top of that, I wasn’t spending time playing with my son, was barely talking to my husband, and had not picked up a book in weeks – which is very unusual for me!
After going through the course, I’ve learned how to prioritize my to-do list and pare it down to only the things that are really important to me and my family. Although I still want to make good use out of my evenings, now I’m working smarter. I’m also setting myself up for mornings, which makes my entire next day more productive! Best of all, I’ve learned how to be productive AND still make time for the things that I love and bring me joy – like reading!
This Make Over Your Evenings course has helped me achieve a more balanced evening, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get more out of each day.
If this sounds like a course that you could benefit from, you can get more information here:
Make Over Your Evenings
If you do end up enrolling in the course, send me a message or leave a comment to let me know what you think! I’d love to hear if you love it as much as I did!
You Might Also Like:
- 8 Ways I Rock My Schedule (And Get More Done!)
- Why I Love Menu Planning, and Why You Should, Too!
- A Real Mom’s Review: Say Goodbye to Survival Mode – my thoughts on Crystal’s best-selling book!
- 7 Habits I Wish I Would Have Adopted Years Ago
- How to Budget the Right Way