Are you interested in new ideas for healthy snacks, engaging books, or fun activities for the toddlers in your life? Would you like to discover new toddler favorites that maybe you haven’t considered before?
This week, I thought it might be fun to share with you what my toddler is into these days. Some of them you’re sure to already be familiar with, but some of them may be brand-new to you!
My hope from this post is that you’ll learn a little more about my little guy & our family, while also gleaning some fresh ideas for yours!
Enjoy Aidan’s Favorite Things: 2016!
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I will receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. My opinions are my true feelings and are not affected by my participation in the program!**
- Dried Blueberries – Aidan goes bananas over these blueberries!! We get ours from Costco, but you can order the same Signature Dried Blueberries we get online!
- Veggie Sticks – I buy them from ALDI, but you can get packs of the Sensible Portions brand on Amazon
- Dried Apple chips – My favorite in terms of flavor and price is Clancy’s Cinnamon Apple Chips from ALDI
- Mott’s Medleys Assorted Fruit Snacks
- Granola Bars – He loves granola bars of all kinds, but his favorite are the Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars
- Baked Goods – Banana bread & zucchini bread are his favorites, but he likes any kind of breads, muffins, cakes, etc.
- Goldfish Crackers
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars – Levon, Aidan, and I all love these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars from Simply Shellie! They’re super easy, and you can whip them up in a flash.
- LEGOS – We have a LEGO Duplo set that comes in its own storage box, which is super handy!
- Rocks – I’m dead serious. Pebbles are his #1 favorite toy right now. I’m constantly finding rocks in his hands, in the cupholders of his carseat, in his bed, and scattered throughout the house. Welcome to the world of boys, right? 🙂
- Stihl Toy Chainsaw – His was a gift from his uncle (who likes to spoil), but you can find this one on Amazon
- Trucks & Tractors – All kinds! Big ones, small ones, motorized, metal, plastic – you name it, he’s got it!
- Little Tikes Tool Bench – We got ours secondhand, and they don’t seem to make it anymore, but there are plenty of others to choose from online! Check out this one from Amazon.
- Cooking Set – We have this set, and Aidan loves cooking for us!
- Anything Little People!
- Hello Baby! – Since we have a new baby coming soon, I wanted to get him a couple books that would help get him ready. These first two came highly recommended, and I can see why! Though he’s NOT excited about getting a brother, he does really like to read these two. Maybe he’s more interested than he lets on … This one is my favorite, because it explains more of what’s happening during the pregnancy. Aidan really seemed to understand better what was going after we got this book.
- I’m a Big Brother – I love how this book really makes a big deal out of how important being a big brother is. There is also a Big Sister version!
- Fisher-Price Little People Lift-the-Flap: Planes, Cars, Trucks, and Trains – Oh my, he LOVES this book!! He loves flap books, and one with planes, cars, trucks, and trains??? It doesn’t get any better than that!
- Fisher-Price Little People Lift-the-Flap: Let’s Imagine at the Zoo – Aidan loves finding all the monkeys in this one.
- Green Eggs and Ham – Who doesn’t like Dr. Seuss??
- Winnie-The-Pooh: Why Does It Have to Rain? – I don’t even know why he loves this one so much. He adores Winnie-the-Pooh in general, but for some reason he’s really drawn to this particular Pooh book.
- A Crack in the Track (Thomas & Friends) – Every time we get to the crack in the track, he says, “Oh no!” Every. Time.
Favorite Movies/TV Shows
- Winnie-the-Pooh – His favorite is Piglet’s Big Movie. We’ve watched it dozens of times by now!
- Paw Patrol
- Bob the Builder – Aidan is fascinated by machinery, so he loves watching Bob and the machines on Bob the Builder. He has now started walking around the house “fixing” everything in sight!
- Daniel Tiger – He loves watching Daniel Tiger, and I love the lessons he learns from it! Plus it’s a fun flashback for me to my days watching Mister Roger’s Neighborhood. 🙂
- Thomas & Friends
- Curious George
- Tractor/4-wheeler rides
- “Helping” in the garden – It’s never too soon to start teaching them to work in the garden! Aidan’s favorite part is helping Daddy hoe.
- Coloring – we love these Crayola Color Wonder mini markers, but he likes crayons, too.
- Building with his LEGOS
- Drumming & Singing
- Stacking – anything and everything!! Just this evening he was thoroughly entertained stacking rolls of paper towels –>
There you have it! Aidan’s Favorite Things in 2016! Did you discover anything new that you want to try? Let me know in the comment section, via email, or on The Merry Momma Facebook Page!
What are some of your toddler’s favorites? I’d love to get some new ideas!
And don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter, where I share exclusive updates, helpful tips, and great resources for moms!
Check out these other related posts from The Merry Momma:
- My Secret Weapon for Busting Bath Time Battles
- Why Board Books Rock!
- 15 Compelling Reasons to Encourage Your Kids to Read