Over the weekend, I got some pretty special news – The Merry Momma was nominated for a Leibster Award!
What in the World is a Leibster Award?
A Leibster Award is a just-for-fun award given from one new blogger to another. There are no ribbons or cash prizes involved, but you do win the warm fuzzy feelings that someone out there thinks you’re doing a good job! Which means a lot to a new blogger!
The rules are simple:
- To be nominated, you must have been blogging for less than two years and have fewer than 1,000 followers.
- As part of your nomination, you must do the following:
- Thank the blog that nominated you in your blog and on social media.
- Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers.
- Write a list of 10 questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media.
I’d like to thank the Academy …
Just kidding. But I do want to thank Carmen & Joe at Pack Your Baguios for nominating me for this award!
Carmen and Joe are a husband/wife travel blogging team. She’s a seasoned camper and he’s a free-spirited adventurer, and together they’re traveling the world and living to tell about it! Their stories are well-crafted, informative, and seriously fun! You can follow their adventures on their blog or on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or a number of other social media venues.
To Answer Your Questions:
As part of the Leibster Award, Carmen & Joe asked me the following questions:
- What benefits will readers get from reading your blog?
My sincere hope is that readers of The Merry Momma will come away from my blog feeling empowered and encouraged to embrace each and every season of motherhood. In my blog they’ll find inspirational stories, tips and how-tos, and a sense of community and camaraderie. Through my posts they will know that they are not alone in the journey of motherhood, through the good and the not-so-good, and be inspired to find joy in the everyday ups and downs.
- What is one of your favorite memories from childhood?
This is cheating a little bit, but our family vacations are some of my favorite childhood memories. Growing up, my family went on a summer vacation almost every year, sometimes near, sometimes far, and we saw some pretty neat places! My favorites were Yellowstone National Park and Niagara Falls.
- Describe an ideal weekend.
An ideal weekend for me would involve a good amount of time outside in perfect weather with my family, and lots and lots of time to READ!! There would also be good coffee involved. 🙂
- If you had use of a web designer for a day, what improvement would you have done to your blog?
I would enlist his/her help with the overall formatting of my blog. I’m no designer, and I’ve done the best with the knowledge I have, but I would like to make it look a little more professional and less amateur.
- What is the last movie or TV show that you watched?
My husband and I just finished watching Blue Bloods on Netflix. We are eager for Season 6!
- How would your friends describe you?
Wow, that’s a hard one to answer! I think they would say I like to talk, I hope they would say I’m funny or caring or knowledgable, and I’m quite sure they would mention my love of books!
- What’s your favorite type of pampering?
Massages, head rubs, and back “tickles.”
- Where do you get most of your ideas for posts?
Real life!! Most of my ideas come from my experiences as a wife, homemaker, and new mom. I also write a lot of posts around the books I’m reading.
- Any hints for upcoming posts? What should readers expect to see on your website the next couple of weeks?
I’m definitely going to keep writing my Top 5 book lists. The next one will be my favorite books for moms. I also have several series planned for the summer months that will revolve around my gardening and canning adventures. But there will be plenty of general posts about being a merry momma mixed in!
- What keeps your attention when you’re reading someone else’s blog?
Humor is a big one for me, and seeing bloggers’ personalities come through their writing. I also love learning new things and growing as a wife and mom, so whenever there’s a fresh idea or tip I’ve never heard before, I’m hooked!
I nominate …
To pass along this special honor, I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Leibster Award:
- Life in Lape Haven
Kishona is a wife and mom of two little boys who writes about creating a Christ-centered home. I love all the practical knowledge she shares, and I’ve learned a lot of new tricks from her blog! You can follow her on Facebook!
- Mommy Happiness
Ellen is also a wife and mom of two who writes to inspire moms to find their “mommy happiness.” She writes in her About Me blurb that she aims to not only survive but thrive, and I just love that! I’ve gotten to know her a bit over the last few months, and she is such a sweetheart that truly has a heart to share! Follow her on Facebook!
- Denise Renae
Denise is a homeschooling mom of FOUR who I think does an incredible job of balancing motherhood and blogging. Her posts are passionate and full of faith and Godly wisdom. You will definitely come away from her posts energized and ready to do what God is calling you to do. Follow her on Facebook!
- Moms Choose Joy
Cassie is another mommy blogger who writes about choosing joy. I stumbled upon her blog several months ago when I first started blogging, and I always enjoy her posts on organization and planning! Follow Cassie on Facebook!
- Cookin’ With a Terry Twist
Terry’s blog is a new find for me, but I’m already hooked! She has a post about cooking with kids that I especially enjoyed, as that is something that I’m very interested in learning more about! Follow her on Facebook!
- Living Life Well
Angel is a homeschooling mom of three boys who writes about faith, family, wellness, and all sorts of other topics for women of all ages and walks of life. Of all the blogs on my list, hers is the one I’m least familiar with, but I instantly fell in love with her style, heart, and energy as soon as I came across her blog. I know you will, too! Follow her on Facebook!
My Questions for the Nominees
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What is the biggest challenge for you in your blogging?
- If you could have lunch with any author, alive or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- How do you like to unwind at the end of the day or week?
- Where would you go on your ideal vacation?
- Who is your favorite blogger or writer?
- Are you spontaneous, or do you like to have a plan?
- What is your favorite topic to write about?
I hope this was as fun for you to read as it was for me to write! Did you learn a little something about me? Did you find a new blog to follow? I hope so! To keep learning about The Merry Momma, subscribe to my email updates and follow me on social media!
Are there any questions you’ve been dying to ask me that weren’t answered above? Feel free to ask them in the comments below and I’d be happy to satisfy your curiosity!
Take care, and if you know any new bloggers in real life, be sure you tell them a kudos and a high five!