It doesn’t help that we live in an age of complete information-overload. My gosh, if you’re anything like me, you probably encounter more information online in a week than you could ever possibly sort through in a lifetime! I get emails, I follow blogs, I peruse Facebook and Pinterest, and I receive recommendations from friends. And I want to save it all because there might be something valuable that I need!
If you like learning new things and finding new online resources but feel overwhelmed by the vast amount of clutter you have to sort through to find them, then I have good news for you!
As I explore the web, social media, and blogosphere, I am going to start saving things that I think offer extra value to moms. These could be articles, resources, recipes, apps, etc., and could pertain to any area of motherhood. The one thing they will all have in common is that they will not be a waste of your time! I promise you that in each list, you will find something useful, fun, or encouraging! If not, feel free to contact me and give me specific ideas of what kinds of things you’re looking for!
Now on to my first list!
My Top 5 Recommended Links This Week
- 5 Ways to Prepare Your Toddler to Be An Older Sibling
& the related 8 Ways to Help a Toddler Adjust to the New Baby
Since I have a recently-turned two-year-old and a new baby due at the end of summer, I’ve been reading a lot about preparing kids for the arrival of a new baby. I found these articles to be full of valuable information, and she had several tips that I had not heard before, so that was nice!
- How to Be More Patient With Your Kids
I am always looking for ways to improve in this area, and I loved this list! It was a good mix of practical, common-sense type tips and ones that were more abstract and thought-provoking. My favorites were “Treat your family like houseguests” and “Be prepared.”
- DIY Mason Jar Overnight Oats
I’ve been a pretty healthy eater for awhile now, but lately I’ve been trying to step up my game by really cutting back on processed foods and sugar and ramping up my use of whole foods. I’ve also been trying to cut back on my carb intake. I quickly realized that breakfast was my hardest meal of the day for this. Because I’m tired and hungry, I too often resort to quick-fixes like cereal, toast, or granola bars. This list of overnight oats I can mix up in a mason jar was fantastic! They are quick to make, super simple and easy, and don’t require any weird or exotic ingredients. That is a winning combination in my book! And because I make them the night before, it’s a quick grab in the morning! PLUS … they’re really yummy!!
- Six Things I Do Everyday to Keep the House Clean
Housekeeping is another area that I am *constantly* trying to improve in! I’ve come to learn that the secret to keeping a clean and orderly home when you’re busy and have kids is regular maintenance! Being diligent about little habits on a daily basis is SO much easier and sanity-saving than letting it all pile up. If you’re tired of spending entire Saturdays cleaning your house and want to try a new approach, this is a great list of habits to start with! My favorite is #2. It is such a simple thing, but it was revolutionary for me! I’m currently working on #5, and I’ve been pretty good about it for a couple weeks now!
- I’ll round off this list with a recipe. This is my favorite recipe for Whole Wheat Oatmeal PancakesMy family loves pancakes/waffles on the occasional Saturday morning, and I love making them! But I also like making meals that I feel good about eating and serving to my two best guys. I’m always on the hunt for healthier alternatives to our favorite baked goods, but they often fail the test with my husband, who is less enthused about healthy eating than I am. These pancakes, however, were a hit! They’re made with healthier ingredients than regular buttermilk pancakes, but are still thick and soft and fluffy! They were a win!
Thanks for reading, and I hope you found something useful! If you liked this list, be sure to watch for the next one! You can make sure you don’t miss a thing by subscribing to my email list, adding www.themerrymomma.com to your RSS feed, or following me on social media!
If you enjoyed this post, check out some of my other popular posts:
- 6 Ways to Stay Calm When You’re About to Lose Control
- 5 Tips to Eliminate Digital Clutter
- My Top 5 Favorite Books for Women