I hear women say all the time that having kids makes it impossible to exercise regularly. I have two kids – I understand the struggle!! There are some days that I’m tempted to say, “Forget it!”
However, I know that our bodies were designed to work more effectively with regular exercise, so I have made it a priority in my life.
That being said, exercise doesn’t have to look the same for every woman.
Motherhood certainly does bring limitations, and what works for one mom may not work for another.
I live out in the boonies and my husband leaves for work by 6:30. It is not realistic for me to join a gym and participate in a morning workout. There’s no way I could get home in time. Instead, I do a lot of at-home workouts. It is what works best for me, and thanks to YouTube, I have plenty at my fingertips.
Here are my favorite workouts for busy moms!
There are a lot of different ways you can exercise. Find something that you enjoy and that works for you and your family.
You can even incorporate your kids into your exercise!
Here is a list of ten fun ways to stay physically active while simultaneously spending quality time with your kids.
**Links in this post may be affiliate links. This means that if you click that link and purchase the product, I may receive a small compensation. I am, however, committed to honestly assessing the products mentioned. Please read my disclosure policy for more details. **
10 Fun Ways to Incorporate Your Kids Into Your Exercise
- Let them work out with you! Aidan likes to do “squats” and leg raises beside me. It does slow me down a little at times, but as long as I’m still moving, it’s still good exercise!
- Take them for walks in a stroller or wagon
- Have dance parties. We love putting music on and dancing around the room together!
- Get a bike trailer and go for bike rides together. (This is the bike trailer we have!)
- Chase them around the house.
- Do push-ups with your kids on your back. They’ll think it’s hilarious, and their giggles will keep you going!
- Wrestle with your kids.
- Jump rope together. Have contests to see who can jump the longest.
- Enter and train for a race together, or race in your backyard.
- Go swimming together.
Exercise doesn’t have to be boring, and it doesn’t have to always be grueling.
I like getting my sweat on as much as the next person, and I do enjoy the challenge of a tough workout. But the big picture is that exercise is all about getting your heart rate up, building your strength, and staying physically active.
You can achieve all those things whether or not you have kids. Find what works for you, incorporate the kids, and get moving! Don’t let your kids keep you from doing what’s best for your physical health.
Tell us – how do you exercise with kids? What works best for you? Do you like DVDs, going to the gym, runs outside? We’d all love to hear new ideas for working out with kids!
You Might Also Like:
- My All-Time Favorite Workouts for Busy Moms
- Simple Healthy Lunch Ideas for Moms
- The Dos and Don’ts of Exercise During Pregnancy
- Do You Want to Be a Strong Mom?